We boast 300 days of sunshine a year in our region ! That gives us plenty of time to go outdoors.
Yes, there's a big sign by the road in Briançon, the nearest town, stating we're a very sunny place. Thanks to the altitude, it never gets too hot, and the nights are cool enough to help us rest nicely. A great climate to go out and breath plenty of pure air. Our mountains are a paradise for hikers, mountaineers, rock climbers, white-water lovers, mountain bikers and road cyclists.
Even if you don't know Névache, you must have heard of a couple of attractions :
- the Ecrins range, where the highest peaks in the Southern Alps can be found, is only a few kilometers away as a crow flies. The "Barre des Ecrins" summit (4102m) was first climbed in 1864 by Edward Whymper.
- the Tour de France comes very often here, as the organizers are well aware they'll get a fantastic show during the climbing of high passes such as the "col de l'Izoard" or the "col du Galibier" set in a dramatic scenery.
Near the village,we have miles of single tracks leading us from the main valley to smaller suspended ones, where are quite often nestled some beautiful lakes. Going further up above the alpine meadows, we reach ridges with stunning views on the surroundings Alps. For the fittest, we can then bag a summit, many of which tower over 3000 meters above sea level.
Summer activities in Névache :
At the Echaillon Hotel, we organize a variety of summer stays to cater for everybody's wishes :
- Family stays, offering multi-activities such as hiking, mountain-biking, rock-climbing, white-water rafting, and via-ferrata. Also with a night in a mountain hut ! Ideal for parents and their teenagers (10 to 15 years old). There's a quieter version for younger kids (5 to 10), with more emphasis on discovering the mountain lifestyle and the wildlife.
- Hiking stays, either sleeping in the comfort of the hotel, or walking from one hut to the next one. With different levels of fitness, from moderate day-walks to longer vigorous ones.
- Wellness stays : enjoying the beauty of our environment and focusing on relaxing your body and mind, with morning exercices and daily stretching.
- Road-cycling or mountain-biking stays.
- Self-guided treks for those who like to be on their own.
We work with a team of experienced mountain leaders and monitors, eager to share their love for the activity and our region.